Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

 
Last WeeK , week 10.   The End is here.

It is so hard to decide what was useful for me. It would be easier for me to say that the last useful issue was dealing with Rubrics, because Rubrics is a topic that I handle since more than two years ago.
The rest of the tools, and topic were so useful, and now are part of my teaching.
I used to use blogs, but only to inform my students about specific tasks, now I have the big picture on this great tool. I liked so much to write on my blog, writing down my experiences on a diary or journal.
The ABCD model is been so useful to, because it had helped me to narrow my expectations, on my students, what do I expect them to do, considering the Bloom taxonomy, and also the new digital taxonomy. The ABCD is helping me as a map, letting me know where I really want to take my students.
This course was also offering great tools for teachers such as Twurdy, this search engine is a big help telling us how difficult the articles are.
An amazing and incredible bookmarking DELICIOUS, WOW, I can say that I love it. This has been so useful, because where ever you are, you can check your links, and there on that page you can classify them, this is great!!!

All the links that the course offers me about listening and speaking are good tools. I couldn’t believe that at the web we can find esl-labs.
This course every week surprised me. When I was finishing a week, my thought was, well after this great topic, what else is coming? Because on that moment I thought that, the material for that week was the best, but it wasn´t there were more best coming…..
I can´t stop mentioning what else was amazing, but webquest, killed me!!!
I couldn´t believe when I saw my creation at the web, for the entire world, and I did it with the instructions, from this magnificent course.
The course was not only about links, ideas, it also contained good articles that teachers should know like independent work, PBL, assessments, projects, learning styles, ideas to teach large classes, how to use one computer at the classroom etc.
 As I mention before I can´t believed what the course invite me to create, I got surprised when I did (just as a sample, because it is short) a JEOPARDY game, yes, an interactive game!! Puff! Amazing, you can feel so good when you see the product.
I learned how to use Google docs. I got many ideas and links to create games, puzzles, crosswords, hot potatoes, etc.

During these ten short weeks, I had the opportunity to elaborate a project; I decided to use a webquest, to improve the reading skill at my students. As teacher I can mentions that this was a great experience for my students, they like the webquest, even though they did not realize that they were reading.
At the end I evaluate myself about how am I integrating technology in my classroom. I could see that I have too much to do, and this is my new and next challenge for me and also my students.
Everything on this course is through the web; through the web it is very easy to send links, instructions, task, etc. I wouldn´t be able to finish this course if I did not have a good teacher, a good leader, a good friend. Janine.
Janine you are so kind, I love the way you were leading this course.
Of course another part of this course was my nice, respectful, responsible and professional web classmates that now become my  friends.  
Now that I ask myself what is comming next? well, first I am going to have time enough to apply all these new knowledge, to practice, to implement and improve my teaching skills, and also I will look for a similar course, so good as this one.

                                                 WITH ALL MY LOVE SINCERELY      ANDREA.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Andrea,
    Good Morning from India!
    The first thing I would like to agree with is that from here on we all will be friends for ever sharing our experiences and guiding each other.
    Now about the rest.
    As you have mentioned, this course was a real learning experience filled with surprises and challenges.

    Every new week took us in a different world.
    Whether it was a revisit to the four basic skills or about lesson planning with technology, we came out as enriched individuals.
    Most importantly, the ABCD objectives really helped us in becoming very specific about our expectations from our students.
    The numberless links we got in each others company for different purposes will be an invaluable treasure for us and our students.
    Now it will be a real challenge for us to strike a proper balance between the use of technology and our traditional interactive mode of teaching because both are important in their own way.
    Thank you for being a great friend on the course and keep in touch,

    With all warm regards to you and your family

    Shirish More
    India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrea ,
    O yes dear it has been a rich course .I hope we all continue integrating new technology tools in our classes.
    Yes we will be friends ,here is my e-mail for further contact
    batoolsust@yahoo.com

    Best wished
    Batool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea,

    We learnt so much with this course. We will benefit from this experience and so will our students. I think it made us realize we should always be aware of the tools that are available and adapt them to our teaching practice.

    All the best. Keep up the good work.

    best regards
    Fátima

    ReplyDelete